Tri-County School Response Team
The Tri-County School Response Team is comprised of trained volunteers who respond to schools during a crisis, such as a sudden death or accident. The HDESD supports schools in the following districts: Ashwood, Black Butte, Bend/La Pine, Crook County, Culver, Jefferson County 509J, Redmond, and Sisters. This team aids in restoring stability in the wake of a crisis by supporting students and staff members experiencing loss, grief or trauma. Trained volunteers provide mental health triage, manage staff and student support rooms, and provide respite support to school staff to allow for self-care breaks during a crisis event response.
Situations to provide assistance:
- Death or serious injury of a student/s or staff member
- A traumatic event or any event which polarizes, isolates, or shocks people, such as a natural disaster
- Support Rooms for students and/or staff in crisis
- Teacher Respite (cover classrooms when a break is needed)
- Coping strategy information for building staff
- Answering phones for Front Office Staff
- Assisting staff in delivering (district provided) messages to students
- Monitor Hallways and school grounds
- Follow deceased student’s class schedule and deliver (district provided) messages to students
- Assist in Staff debriefing at end of day
School administrators can request the Tri-County School Response Team Services by calling 541-362-1548.
About Our Volunteers:
The Tri-County School Response Team Volunteers complete an evidence-based training, followed up by suicide prevention training including (QPR, ASIST, and CONNECT Postvention). Our volunteers attend quarterly meetings to connect with team leads and the Program Coordinator. Our volunteers commit to responding to a minimum of at least two responses a year.
For detailed information about the Crisis Response Team structure, function, and services or if you are interested in becoming a member of the team, please contact the Program Coordinator listed at the bottom of this page.
Interested in Volunteering?
If you would like to request services call the Tri-County School Response Team directly at 541-362-1548.
Please note the Program Manager is not on-call, if you need immediate assistance, please contact the Coordinator any time at 541-362-1548.